Here they are now...

Here they are now...
This picture was taken summer 2009. We'll see if we can make them better

Saturday, January 2, 2010

When nothing goes right...go left

I've never been into New Year's resolutions. Lose weight? Not really. Drink less? I can try. Quit smoking? That one is easy, since I don't 'smoke. Work out more? That's not really possible- I'm a gym rat.

That being said, as I'm getting older, I've found that my metabolism isn't what it used to be, I feel sluggish more often, my joints are getting creaky, and I want my jeans to fit better. I also know that if I am training for something specific, I eat cleaner and am more consistent with my cardio workouts. As of right now, I am not doing a whole lot of cardio and my eating habits can definitely be improved.

Inspired by my hosts of my recent mini-vacation, I've decided to do a half-marathon in June (perhaps with a couple of 5Ks thrown in beforehand) and also try different "diets" to see which one works best for me. The "blood type diet," "abs diet," and one other TBD diet are on the list, going to be done for a minimum of 60 days each.

In addition, the first order of business is to find my running pace so I have a baseline. I'm also going to do some circumference measurements to see what happens. I really don't care about the scale, but I might jump on it just for kicks. There will also be a modification of my current weight program because frankly I'm really bored with it.

We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment