Here they are now...

Here they are now...
This picture was taken summer 2009. We'll see if we can make them better

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My old life, and my new one

Today is a rest day. It may seem silly to rest after only 2 days, but...a) I'm starting to feel the shin splints coming on, and b) according to my schedule, it's going to work out that way. I'm definitely resting Friday, so I figure the last 2 days on, today off, work out the next two days, off Friday, and push it this weekend. If you think I'm a loser, I don't care.

I wasn't completely lazy today, however. I did do a little bit of home yoga (not going to bore you with the poses, as I can't remember, although some I would not do in mixed company), as well as did a little bit of very light weights to balance my symmetry. I'm right hand dominant, but after my accident and subsequent surgery 6 years ago, my left arm still isn't where I want it to be, so I did some very light bicep curls and tricep extensions on that arm.

I'm still continuing with the detox, however. My diet is exactly the same as yesterday, so I'm not going to repeat it. I have more brown rice than I know what to do with, so I may continue it past 4 p.m. tomorrow until 4 p.m. on Friday. I'm not noticing any results after 2 full days, so we'll see.

I'm not a total novice to training. At one point, I was a personal trainer, working at the YMCA and the Harvard Club of Boston. I also finished a triathlon back in 2004, 2 years after my accident. One of the greatest moments of my life.

So today is a little R&R, letting my body heal. Getting some good sleep, and then I'll be ready to go tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I think the San Diego RNR marathon is going to open the half on the 12th. They are on FB and said they have a big announcement coming on the 12th.

    ReplyDelete