Here they are now...

Here they are now...
This picture was taken summer 2009. We'll see if we can make them better

Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm not slacking...seriously.

It's hard to believe, but I actually have a life. A semblance of a life, anyway.

Friday morning I did chest (bench and flys). And by morning, I mean I got up at 5:00 a.m. and left my house by 5:30, working out until almost 7. It actually felt pretty good, and I got some cardio in. I try to run when I can, but if for whatever reason I get bored running (which happens often), I'll do another form of cardio such as the elliptical or the upright bike. Friday morning was my last day of doing GVT, which I'm kind of sad about. I'll have to incorporate it again soon.

Saturday, a little bit of the same, except I did biceps and triceps. While I'll never be as huge as my governor, I do okay. I actually was sore after that workout.

Sunday I did shoulders. Again, not much. I really wasn't feeling the workout, so I did what I could. Mostly because I wore the wrong shirt for the gym- hello nipples!

Today was another day. Because I did some running yesterday, I decided to do something different today to get my sweat on, so I did intervals on the Stepmill. If you've never used a Stepmill before, it's pretty good. Decent cardio, and great leg workout (especially if you go every other step).

As far as strength goes, I noticed when I was running on the treadmill last night that I was hunched over a little bit, so I wanted to bring my shoulders back...which means back.

I started with modified Lat Pulldown which I learned in Jillian Michael's book, where I stand between a cable system (like I would if I was doing flys), but instead of using my chest, I pull down underhanded. I incorporated lunges just for kicks. I am reverting back to pyramiding on weights.
12 reps at 25 lbs per stack (50 lbs total)
10 reps at 30 lbs per stack (60 lbs total)
8 reps at 40 lbs per stack (80 lbs total)
6 reps at 45 lbs per stack (90 lbs total)
I could push myself more. I should push myself more. I could probably top out at 100 lbs.

I did some modified rows using the Smith Machine
4 sets at 10 reps, body weight (which I'm not telling you)
This is an exercise which I would really have to push to do 10x10

Even though it's more of a row than a Lat Pulldown, I love this machine for my back. It has a really good range of motion, and you can't really cheat on it (although this one guy does, but he is form is consistently horrible).

1 set at 10 reps, 50 lbs
3 sets at 8 reps, 70 lbs
I could probably add another 10 lbs total

Since I was doing all sorts of weird things, I decided to add some extra work to my last back exercise. It's a modified cable row, with a squat involved. Facing the weight stack, I squat down as the weight is lowered and pull back as I stand up. It's pretty nifty.
4 sets at 10 reps each arm, 20 lbs

I also did some single leg squats on the Freemotion, but had to leave when the sports bra-less wonder was invading my space. Seriously, it was disgusting.
3 sets at 10 reps each leg, 30 lbs.

Not a bad workout (certainly fun), although I did learn that I'm a judgmental bitch at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment